Re: [OCLUG-Tech] rsync xintd

* Bruce Harding <bruce [ at ] computerbooksforless [ dot ] com> [090501 10:22]:
> I've read a number of howto for using rsync --daemon option in a ubuntu
> installation.  Most call for intd or xintd, however a default ubuntu install
> does not come with these.

I think you mean xinetd, that should still be there.  Just apt-get
install xinetd and follow the HOWTO.

You may also consider using upstart (which is the new replacement for
init).

> Many of these howto are older, so I'm wondering it the method of lauching
> rsync with the --daemo option has changed as well?

A Google on this reveals that there are some issues:

        https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xinetd/+bug/361169

Sorry, I don't have Ubuntu, so I cannot help further.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/