[OCLUG-Tech] Giving away my old laptop (for free)

Hello everybody,

First of all, greetings, that's my very first mail here.
Well, actually I had tried to post a mail in the list
without being a subscriber so I'm not sure if it was
eventually sent. Anyway..

I have a somewhat old compaq presario 700 laptop,
it has 256 MB of Ram, a 1.2 Ghz processor, a 20GB HD and DVD/CD-RW
It was given to me by a kind person on Freecycle. But It has been
through 2 serious accidents (falls).

Issues:

1) Several broken plastic parts. Screen will not stand up
unless you have something to block it on the back.

2) The power plug does not make good contact unless
you block it in a special fixed position. Though the battery
is good and recently bought from ebay.

3) The most serious one: Every now and then the laptop freezes.
I haven't figured out if this is a software or hardware problem but
I don't really have the time to sit down and check it. Maybe just the
fans need some cleaning.. I really don't know. I have arch linux
installed on this and it is the only machine that had such issues..

Anyway, I am giving away this laptop as I have a brand new one.
I would do that on freecycle but I am sure that many people will
want to take it just because it is "a laptop" and then throw it away.
I have reasons to believe that a linux user will probably find a
way to keep this old guy alive.

If you are interested I will give it at the first one who replies.
Please, pick up only, from Carleton University campus ( I live
in a residence).

Btw I also have 2 DVDs of the Linux Pro Magazine, OpenSuse 11
and Mandriva 2009. If someone wants them too, they are available.

     Regards,
          Yiorgos

P.S. The laptop comes with a cheap old bag, too.

PS2: Some photos of the laptop:
http://www.imageshack.gr/view.php?file=t25xnro44e5qrxm0v5zv.jpg
http://www.imageshack.gr/view.php?file=ufkxqdxq8dvv0qwzwz8f.jpg