Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Linux Kernel Walkthrough screencasts

* ??arko ??ivanov <zzarko [ at ] uns [ dot ] ns [ dot ] ac [ dot ] yu> [081204 09:05]:
> I'm a member of LUG from Novi Sad, Serbia. If that is OK with you, we
> would like to play screencasts of your Linux Kernel Walkthroughs at
> our meetings.

Great.  There is one errata that I would like to mention.  In the
booting talk, I mistakenly called what is the "memory controller" the
"memory management unit".  Every time you see "MMU" in the slides, read
it as "MC" :)

> The problem is, I have downloaded some of screencasts a few months
> ago, but now the excess.org site is not responding (Firefox can't
> establish a connection to the server at excess.org). Is there a mirror
> for your Linux Kernel Walkthrough screencasts? And, is it OK to play
> them for audience at our LUG?

Unfortunately Ian, the person who made the recordings and runs
excess.org, is a new father -- he has 2 week old twin boys.  He is aware
of the server being down.  I have cc'ed him, but he may not respond to
this email for a bit longer (... and I hope it will not bounce).

I know one of them is on google video and at a horrible video quality.
Ian did a great job of preserving the video... google just compressed
everything.

Anyway, I have backup CDs somewhere.  I'll see if there is a place we
can post them.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/