RE: [OCLUG-Tech] linux drivers for TEW-424UB

> iwconfig shows no devices, I tried that already but I am assuming that
> should put lspci into the terminal and see what it bring up.
>
> I checked and ndiswrapper is installed buy default it seems (Ubuntu
704
> distro on the laptop )
>
> I have WEP and a single passphrase with a hex key for encryption.
>
> I have loaded the windows driver to the laptop but am not sure what
the
> next steps are  :-((

Not a Ubuntu user myself but have used Ndiswrapper to beat more that one
Wifi adapter into submission. I see that the Ubuntu community has put a
detailed howto for Wifi + Ndiswrapper + Ubuntu. Follow these
instructions and you should have a very good chance of success with
minimal assistance.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/Ndiswrapper

>From your description it sound like your next step will be to load the
driver that you have copied onto your laptop into the kernel. Looking at
the Ubuntu Wifi docs this would place you at step 3.4 Installing Windows
Driver

MikeR.