Re: [OCLUG-Tech] linux drivers for TEW-424UB

Eric;

What exact model is it?  Is it integrated? If you run lspci do you see the
device in the list?  If you run iwconfig does it show any wireless
devices?

There is a gnome/kde frontend for network-manager in ubuntu. Check
synaptic for the package, but it should be installed by default.  As long
as your card is available and you are using a simple security like WEP
with a single passphrase it should find and allow you to connect to your
wireless.   I use a 4 key setup which network-manager does not like, I
have to configure it in /etc/network/interfaces by hand.

If the card is not directly supported by a linux driver then you may have
success using ndiswrapper.  ndiswrapper is a utility that allows you to
load the Windows driver for the card.  There is a lot of good info on
doing this in the Ubuntu forums.

Good luck.

Brad