Re: [OCLUG-Tech] DSL Packet Loss

On Mon, October 27, 2008 7:44 pm, Damian Gerow wrote:
> Out of curiousity, is anyone experiencing any newfound troubles with
> their DSL lines as of last Sunday-Monday timeframe?  I'm trying to track
> down a sudden problem with my connection, and there's enough going on
> that makes me think it's not a straightforward DSL problem.
> Specifically, if any TekSavvy customers in the Ottawa area can pitch in
> about the quality of their line, I'd appreciate it.
>
> In the interest of full disclosure, I'm seeing between 30% and 50% packet
> loss through my connection, when running tests against my next hop.
> However, when connected using Bell's test account, I'm seeing zero packet
> loss (and, unsurprisingly, slightly better latency).  This just started
> happening either this past Monday or Sunday, I don't remember which.  I
> know of at least one other person in the area with a similar problem, but
> on a different timeframe, and in a different area of Ottawa.
>
> - Damian

I would tell Teksavvy.
Are you saying the line is the same but the login is the only difference?
Is the other person also using Teksavvy and is the packet loss at the same
hop?
Is the first hop the same for both Teksavvy and Bell?

A good  place to ask is the Teksavvy forums at dslreports.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/teksavvy
There is also a direct forum where you can talk to Teksavvy employees
privately.

What is the first hop?