Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: GCC: Request for help to get cluster booting!

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: GCC: Request for help to get cluster booting!
  • From: Stephen Gregory <oclug [ at ] kernelpanic [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 22:13:56 -0400
Richard Cook wrote:

> When I connect a monitor to a node and boot it from USB I do see it get
> the IP address, request a file, get the filename I specified and then
> try to get it.

If the boot process gets this far then syslinux is working. The
sis900.zli file is loaded and your computer has moved to the next step.

Previously you wrote:
> I used ROM-o-matic to build the sis900.zli file.

>From a quick read of the rom-o-matic and etherboot/gPXE sites that
sis900.zli file is a PXE boot loader. If this is true then you want to
continue reading up on the PXE boot.

In dhcpd.config the filename should be changed to:

filename "pxelinux.0";

pxelinux.0 should be copied to /tftpboot.  If you don't have it, install
the syslinux package.

The default file in /tftpboot should be moved to
/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default

Hopefully you will see the pxelinux.0 get loaded, and then pxelinux will
grab the default config and load the kernel and initrd.

--
sg