[OCLUG-Tech] GCC: Request for help to get cluster booting!

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] GCC: Request for help to get cluster booting!
  • From: Richard Cook <rpcook [ at ] pobox [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 18:48:48 -0400
Greetings!

I have dusted off the Garbage Can Cluster and reformatted the drive.
Instead of ClusterKnoppix I have put on Ubuntu 7.10 Server:

Linux gcc 2.6.22-14-server #1 SMP Tue Feb 12 08:27:05 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

After banging my head on the desktop trying to get the diskless nodes to boot off the server I have finally admitting defeat and am calling for help!

I would prefer it if you could come over to work on it with me but can also setup remote access if needed (I have dyndns setup to the house).

On the old web pages at:
   http://ca.geocities.com/garbage_can_cluster [ at ] rogers [ dot ] com/
the USB keys with syslinux are still working (March 10-25) today but I can't seem to get the /tftpboot setup on the server correct.

If you have done this before please help me <kneeling, begging>
:)

I eventually want to get povray working on all the nodes and let my original web master (Rob Fitzel) use it.

Thanks!

Richard Cook
Kanata, Morgan's Grant area.