Re: [OCLUG-Tech] controlling an acer x223w

On 14/04/08 Bart Trojanowski said:
> I have this in my /var/log/Xorg.0.log:
>
> (**) intel(0): Depth 24, (--) framebuffer bpp 32
> (==) intel(0): RGB weight 888
>
> I guess that could be driver specific.

Looks like it's provided.

> Check your gdm.conf to see if it sets its own "-depth".

Nope. It's not gdm, it fails if I just run X. But if I run startx and start
gnome-session, it gets fixed, probably by one of the gnome settings. I know
gnome runs xrandr, but I used a mode that works in my xorg.conf.

Strange.

Mike
--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier [ at ] digitaltorque [ dot ] ca>
direction." --Albert Einstein