Re: [OCLUG-Tech] quick question

On March 8, 2008 10:27:55 am you wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Mar 2008, Bruce Harding wrote:
> > I've posted a snapshot from my firestats file here.  I've got these
> > entries and I'm not sure why they are there as I've not got these files
> > on my computer that I know of.
> >
> > see url below.
> >
> > http://stargazer.dvrdns.org/index.php/wpg2?g2_itemId=44108
>
> Bruce,
>
> not sure what firestats is.
>
> When you try browsing the URLs that are logged, do you get any images or
> pages?
>
> Looks like an attempt to exploit g2 top access other sites. Hopefully
> nothing evil.
>
> Hmm a google search shows this summary:
>
> "Due to the severity of these issues users of all previous Gallery 2
> versions are strongly encouraged to upgrade to version 2.2.4 as soon as
> possible! ..."
>
> Looks like you may have an outdated verison and it may be exploited,
> hopefully not as a proxy to view kiddie porn.
>
> I cannot access the g2 site now for some reason to see nay more, it seems
> to be down. I would suggest you disable the app completely NOW, from what
> until you know more.
>
> cheers,
>
> Brett
>
> p.s. I recommend you use a mor einformative subkject line next time to
> catch people's interest. I would personally tend to ignore messages like
> quick question", too much like spam

I so seldom ask questions, that I'm very much out of practice.  I blame this
on google.  Most time I can find the info long before anyone gets around
answering my questions.

So I've disable gallery for now. And will upgrade to new version.  Ugh, the
last time I want is to help some freakazoid get his/her kiddie porn.

I've just checked and I do have 2.2.4?  I'm uninstalling it now and will to a
clean re-install.

--
bruce