Re: [OCLUG-Tech] linux book recommendations

Hi Ralph;

I have been through the same quest.  I can send you a bibliography of
about 20 books on Linux, or post about 50 sites.  It all depends on what
you are after.

If you are like me, the first read was a generalized overview, 400 to
500 pages long, that I read propped up on my bed, knowing full well I
would probably retain no more than 20% of what I read the first time
through but satisfied that I had gotten a general "lay of the land". If
that is the stage you are at, any remainder book (half-price or less)
about Linux will do.  All of them review the use of the shell (Bash).
There are such books about older versions of Ubuntu.  They will be
slightly out of date but not by much and most of the details that might
be dated are probably not memorable at this stage anyways.

If you are further along in your knowledge of computers, and want to
start with something more intensive (extensive) there are hundreds of
sites and downloadable manuals I would be willing to share.

Never forget Wikipedia, particularly the "see also:" and "References:"
at the bottom of the page.

"Tell me where you are at, and I'll tell you where you are to."