From: Ralph Boland <rpboland [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
To: linux [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca
Sent: Thursday, February 7, 2008 12:56:40 PM
Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] getting wireless card to work in ubuntu 7.10

I am trying to get my wireless card (D-Link Airplus DWL G520 PCI
 adapter
(rev B))
to work in ubuntu 7.10 without much luck.  I can't find a driver that I
 have
confidence
will work.

Has anyone succeeded in getting this combination to work?
If not can someone suggest a good wireless card to use that will work
without too much
trouble with ubuntu 7.10?

One option is to use ndiswrapper.  I once tried to install ndiswrapper
 on my
home
machine without success so I am weary of trying it again.
What are the pros and cons of using ndiswrapper?

Thanks

Ralph Boland