[OCLUG-Tech] xen-vm-power script

Morning,

One of the great things I got to do while working on contract (last Summer) was to test out XE4 and VirtualIron. Part of the contract terms indicated I could feel free to release/GPL any scripts into the public. xen-vm-power allows for control of vm power states at startup or shutdown time, sort of an add-on to a non-existent (then) part of XE's management interface. With pvtools, this script might not be directly necessary, but it was a good hack.

This was removed from the XenEnterprise Forums sometime since this summer, so I'll publish it again here, so that it can persist: * script: http://web.ncf.ca/fk567/xen-vm-power.sh # place under / etc/init.d * script config: http://web.ncf.ca/fk567/xen-vm-power # place under /etc/xensource It was to my great disappointment that I had to search through local and remote backup directories to relocate the script, but I did find it again.

-afields