[OCLUG-Tech] Re: Perl, PHP // Asus Eee for blind users.

> From: darcy [ dot ] bulk [ at ] siteware [ dot ] com
> Are there many PHP programmers in this group? How about Perl? What about
> facebook developers?

I'm sure I'm not the only Perl and PHP programmer (part-time, and to make
things work that I need in my other activities).

Greetings to all from Perth, WA. Here in Oz I've seen several Asus Eees,
the latest with a research associate here who is blind. One of her
associates has also got an Eee but has installed XP so he can run Jaws (I
don't know this, but it is a vocalization software).

Does anyone know of good Linux vocalization software to aid vision
impaired? My guess is the Eee will run better under Linux, given less
antivirus nonsense etc..

Cheers, JN

PS Interestingly, I couldn't find a single retailer for the Eee in Phoenix
Az. Available from Amazon by mail order, but ...