[OCLUG-Tech] Ubuntu / debian way of doing apache?

I've been running SuSE for a long time and have been starting to use
kubuntu and switch to that. So I'm not really familar with ubuntu/debian
way of doing things.

For example, I installed the package for phpmyadmin, and found where it
installed files, for example /etc/phymyadmin/apache.conf

Do I just manually include or copy this file into the vhost of my choice
in /etc/apache2/sites-available to activate phpmyadmin so I can use it ?
(this is what I have done.) Or am I missing a higher-level tool or linkage
thing that handles this in a more consistent, expected manner ??

I have no problem with manual editing and linking like this to bring up
web apps (drupal next). I just want to be sure it's how I should be doing
this.

Is there a good description of the framework and way of doing apache
config on this distro that anyone would recommend, to get me started ?
I've read the files in /usr/share/doc/...

Thanks.

Brett

message navigation