Re: [OCLUG-Tech] cd burning problems

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 05:04:26PM -0500, Bryan Larsen wrote:
> >I am now  assuming the problem is with the CD burner
> >and that it needs replacing.
>
> A 50% failure rate is not uncommon with blank media that you buy in the
> store.

I don't mean this to sound personal, but it's going to, so here it
comes: there's just no way. None. You're either kidding or doing it
wrong or both.

A 50% failure rate is _completely_ unacceptable; I might have a bad
burn maybe one time in twenty or less, DVDs or CDs, on media that's
bought on the basis of whatever was cheap at the time.

Can I ask the original poster: What, precisely, are you doing to
burn those CDs? K3B? Something command-lineish?

--
"There's always a man faster on the draw than you are, and the
more you use a gun, the sooner you're gonna run into that man."