From: Robert Echlin <ottawatreeguy [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] ca>
To: linux [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 4:20:57 PM
Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Espial Layoffs

Hi, guys,

OK, this is embarassing.

I show up at the meeting last week, with little leather pouch thingies,
 and advertise my company, and two guys even send me resumes, and now
 the company dumps 30% of the staff, including me.

(takes deep breath after spewing all that in a single sentence)

So I hope you guys really like the pouch thingies, cause that's about
 all the good that came of that. I still think that Espial is going
 places, but now that I'm not on board, I don't care as much.

Job search summary: yep, I'm searching.

Work I like and have experience at:

- Software config management,

- build systems,

- scripting,

- automation,

- preference to Linux but I'm so good I can even write scripts on Other
 Operating Systems.

"Applicable Acronyms" listed at my blog on this page:

http://talksoftware.echlin.ca/node/20

Results so far:
One phone call from a recruiter the day of the event -  and he claims
 it was a coincidence.
One possibility from each of two recruiters so far, and they have
 promised me interviews next week maybe.

So anyway, see you guys around.
Rob

--

Rob Echlin, B. Eng.

Automation pays!

talksoftware.echlin.ca

Ottawa, ON

613-726-1159

      Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk
 email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail.  Click on Options in Mail
 and switch to New Mail today or register for free at
 http://mail.yahoo.ca