Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Technical list purpose

* Bryan Larsen <bryan [ dot ] larsen [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> [071026 18:52]:
> > Bill Strosberg wrote:
> >I would hate to lose the ability to pose questions to the people here
> >because they became tired of the role of free Coles Notes for the
> >Technically Fascinated.
> >

> Let's ask Bart directly: "Are you getting tired of answering these
> questions, Bart?"

No, it's been fun to regurgitate knowledge that no one really cares
about except for Bill :)

> That's 1 or 2 questions a month, from May until October; Bart has
> contributed to all of them.  Kudos Bart!

Thanks.

It so happens that in April I started working on a BIOS-related project.
Bill is asking things as I learn them, and while they are still fresh.

I found that researching BIOS and x86 hardware knowledge is generally
hard.  Not because they are secrets, but because many answers predate
the internet -- or at least the culture of sharing HOWTOs and FAQs on
the net.  People tend not to write much about the BIOS anymore, it's
been done to death on BBS'es.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/