Re: [Bulk] Re: [OCLUG-Tech] A view/snapshot of what is in RAM ??

* Bart Trojanowski <bart [ at ] jukie [ dot ] net> [071003 12:15]:
> * William Case <billlinux [ at ] rogers [ dot ] com> [071003 11:55]:
> > > http://www.osdata.com/system/physical/memmap.htm
> >
> > Thanks.  Shows layouts for DOS and MAC.  I assume that re: Bios Linux OS
> > would be the same as DOS, because the code is stored before any OS
> > begins ??
>
> Linux only calls 3 BIOS services (if you don't use APM) and then forgets
> BIOS ever existed.

To clarify that was supposed to say that Linux always calls a few BIOS
functions during init, and after that it may call APM BIOS functions.
If you use ACPI, or no power management, it does not use the BIOS.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/