Re: [OCLUG-Tech] video codecs

Another tool to try is Dyne:Bolic. It's an all in one Linux boot CD distro for video editing.

http://www.dynebolic.org/

- Allan

On 15-Sep-07, at 9:51 AM, Stephen Gregory wrote:

On 15-Sep-07, at 7:58 , pat donovan wrote:

new camera here and it isn't compatible with anything...

What is the camera model?

 anyone out there familair with video codecs?

Try the ffmpeg package. It can transcode a number of video formats and codecs. I doubt you want cinterra. It is a video editing suite. I would not be surprised if it used ffmpeg for transcoding.
--
sg