[OCLUG-Tech] Problem with SATA and SCSI disks in the same computer.

I transfered a SCSI card, a DLT tape drive and four hard drives to a
computer already having three SATA drives named /dev/sda, /dev/sdb and
/dev/sdc. When I boot the computer, 3 of the SCSI drives becomes /dev/sda,
/dev/sdb and /dev/sdc overridding my 3 SATA drives names and wreaking my
RAID arrays.
After Googling a bit, I know I have to write udev rules. I am becoming
familliar with writing rules but some questions remains:
What to write: Rules for the SCSI drives? Rules for the SATA drives? Rules
for both? How can I make sure that very specific rules won't be "overridden"
by more general ones coming after the one I write?
Where to put them: In the rules file for storage? In one of the first rules
files to be "parsed"? In a new rules file?
Thanks!

Charles

--
Charles Nadeau Ph.D.