[OCLUG-Tech] New OCLUG Trac site is online

I've set up a new Trac site for OCLUG at http://devel.oclug.on.ca.

You will need to register an account[1] before you can use many of the site features.

Trac has a really nice source code viewer for browsing the new site code [2]. It can display diffs in pretty colours [3]. It also has a ticket tracking system for problems and suggestions [4].

We should be able to use the ticket system for things unrelated to the web site, eg. organizing people working on a particular project. Email me if you need a "component" option added or any other tweaks to the Trac configuration.

If you have some experience with Trac sites and would like to help out let me know. I shouldn't be the only admin on the site (especially because I will be away for much of August).

I still need to write some "how to install and develop the new site" instructions for people that want to help with coding. I would like to set up anonymous http SVN access to be as inclusive as possible.

Actually, it might be nice to only use http for SVN access to avoid some of the file permission problems we're having now.

Let me know what you think, or if you have a suggestion for the site create a ticket[5]!

Ian

[1]: http://devel.oclug.on.ca/register
[2]: http://devel.oclug.on.ca/browser/oclug_django_site/trunk/meetings/models.py
[3]: http://devel.oclug.on.ca/changeset/301