Re: [OCLUG-Tech] More Name Resolution Head-Scratching...

* C.T. Paterson <i [ dot ] adore [ dot ] my [ dot ] 64 [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> [070713 15:44]:
> Can anyone suggest likely causes?  Places I could look?  Googling
> keeps coming back with ways to setup bind.  ;>

What does your /etc/resolv.conf have in it?

When you resolve a bareword, there is usually something appended to it.
When you resolve a bareword.something, it's just sending that to DNS
server.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/