[OCLUG-Tech] Routing traffic by port number to two interfaces

Hi,

I have a quick question for the networking experts on the list:

I have a file server with two network cards (eth0 and eth1). Each of them
will be linked to two different switches.
I would like to use one of the two network cards for NFS, NBD and SMB/CIFS
traffic only. Basically what I want to do is have one of the switch (the
1Gbps one) handle only storage-related traffic, thus creating a mini SAN.
The rest of the traffic would travel on the network through a 100Mbps
switch.
How can I tell Linux to use one card for certain ports number and the other
for the rest (http, pop3, ssh, ...)?
Can the two network card be on the same sub-segment?
Could Shorewall do that kind of job? I've used Shorewall as a firewall but
have no experience with its traffic control features.
I gave a quick look at route(8) and it doesn't seem to be suitable too.

Thanks!

Charles

--
Charles Nadeau Ph.D.