[OCLUG-Tech] Building a New System -- starting with the case ??

Hi;

I am thinking of building a new computer myself.  I am waiting on my
income tax return -- which I expect will be a nice hunk of change -- but
I filed late so I won't see it for at least another month.  But the
prospect got me thinking.

Starting with the case, I would like to do one of a couple of things;

     1. Build the case with fine wood finish (mahogany, dark oak, dark
        walnut or Quebec Maple) .  Has anyone heard of this being done
        before?  I haven't googled for HOWTO sites yet, but am trying to
        collect my thoughts, and yours, about pit-falls and/or
        suggestions on how this might be down. And, how I might trim my
        monitor, keyboard etc. to match? Or,
     2. Re-paint (colourize) a vanilla case and trim, in a non-standard
        colour scheme with some kind of paint or whatever that would be
        durable.  I had in mind, what I call 'mustang yellow' like the
        mustardy yellow used on sporty cars.

Any thoughts, suggestions or additions?

--
Regards Bill