[OCLUG-Tech] Re: http://localhost:8080/seaside

Hi Ralph,

>> The project I am working has set up a internet site at:
>>        http://localhost:8080/seaside
>> That I can link to with my browser.
>> Is there a way that I can cd to that location
>> and see what is there?
>> I know that in some cases the subdirectories/files
>> of seaside seen by the browser don't really
>> exist but I don't have a clear picture as to what
>> things exists as directories/files and what things don't.
>> Can I go to  http://localhost:8080/seaside  and add new html files
>> that firefox can then see?

> The default location of these files can be different depending on
> what version of Apache and what distro you're using. Try looking at
> http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Info/DistrosDefaultLayout - you're
> interested in the 'DocumentRoot' directives.

I think we are talking about Smalltalk Seaside here, not Apache,
right?  If that is the case, then you should look at your Smalltalk
image, it is all there.  Normally, a portion of the URI space is
mapped to a static structure on the local file system; you want to
find out where that is pointing to.  You do it inside your Smalltalk
environment (which Smalltalk is it? VisualWorks? Squeak?)

Why don't you tell me more about the high-level problem you are
trying to solve?  Or ask more extended questions, I would be happy
to help.  (It is nice to know there is Smalltalk activity around
Ottawa, I've been involved with Smalltalk and fighting for the future
of that mindset, for the last 15 years, so my soul is very directly
interested in the success of every single Smalltalk project).

Boris Shingarov