[OCLUG-Tech] communicating over internet.

I think I have a short smalltalk contract.
The job involves processes that communicate over the internet.
For testing both, of my processes will be on my machine.

One of the commands I will will need to run (in Smalltalk) looks something
like:

john := OperaRemoteObject name: #John host:<your server name or ip address>
port: <portNumber>.

How do I find out what my server name or ip address is?
I assume that this is the ip address I loaded into my router and
that I can get it from there.  Am I right?
Is my server name there too?
What are my choices for port number?

Thanks

Ralph Boland