Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: power usage

* Stephen Gregory <oclug [ at ] kernelpanic [ dot ] ca> [070415 15:30]:
> My  tests support those numbers. It has made me rethink the number of
> drives I have running.

Sadly all drives suck, so if you like your data and uptime you double
them up in redundant RAID.

If you have a lot of PC's running linux I strongly suggest net booting
them.  If you're bios supports PXE, and you happen to run a debian
(-based) distro, it will take a few hours to switch over.

I've done this recently, because a drive failed in my test pc, so I can
save you some time:

http://jukie.net/~bart/blog/nfsroot-on-debian

-Bart

--