[OCLUG-Tech] Contract requirement

All:

I am not subscribed to the general list, therefore apologies in advance for this appearing on the technical list.

I require hourly contract programming / system administration assistance. I provide a wide variety of services to one primary and some secondary-level clients. The workload is getting higher than can be handled by one person, and is expected to increase quite a bit this summer. Initial expectations range from 15-25 hours per month, but may grow higher, depending on customer demands.

Work is accomplished in systems based primarily on Debian GNU-Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP, with system & application software found in a typical small to medium business environment. Where possible, I have standardized on open source solutions to providing normal business functionality - file shares, remote access, email and database. Client workstations are typically running recent versions of major market operating systems. Almost all work is remote and can be handled from your location, as long as high speed Internet connectivity is present.

The major programming environment used is PHP. Most custom application code is accessed via SSL-enabled private web access to client portal(s) only for internal use. Very little external, public web development is involved.

Client requirements dictate that all candidates be willing to submit to (and pass) a thorough background check and security screening. My clients typically are in the banking and financial services sector, therefore security, reliability and quality are paramount. Systems developed and in place are both internally and externally audited.

This work pays $30-$50 per hour, depending on skills, demonstrated ability and quality. I'm really looking for a person (or persons) that can not only help develop and deliver and support custom systems, but also provide second level backup for customer support. I'm currently available to my clients 24x365, and I'd like to be able to disconnect for a few hours at a time without fear. For the past few years I've traveled with laptop 24/7 and had to make sure high speed Internet is available wherever I go.

In return for helping me, I would be willing to offer quid-pro-quo to other independent contractors.

Contact me off-list if you think you may be interested. I'll try to respond to everyone, and will contact potential candidates for further discussion.

Cheers,

Bill Strosberg, CISSP