[OCLUG-Tech] Re: Windows DSL

Rogers has similar CDs. As I recall (I bailed after they told me they provided service when the wire was cut for 2 weeks!) their CD didn't even say it would only work on Windows. If you had a Mac or Linux you were still supposed to put it in your CD drive ....

Recall that we had the Freenet folk talk to us recently. I'm not going to pretend that they answer the phone quickly, but their setup does seem to be pretty straightforward, and works for Win/Mac/Linux. I'm sure there are some folk who have trouble getting NCF to work, since there are lots of factors where things can go wrong, but OCLUG folk could do worse than mention NCF DSL as a possibility when the topic arises.

JN