Re: [OCLUG-Tech] ID3v2 Tagging for MP3s (Can't compile id3v2)

On 07/03/07, Bart Trojanowski <bart-oclug [ at ] jukie [ dot ] net> wrote:
* C.T. Paterson <i [ dot ] adore [ dot ] my [ dot ] 64 [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> [070307 20:57]:
I don't understand why the Makefile is not appending the values for
CXXFLAGS and LDFLAGS.  Here is the makefile I have.

CXXFLAGS+=      -I${PREFIX}/include/ -DVERSION="\"${VERSION}\"" #-DSORT_RUNTIME
LDFLAGS+=       -L${PREFIX}/lib/

Ok, so add the -I and -L I gave you to the end of these two lines in the
Makefile.

The CXXFLAGS line above has the VERSION definition.  And the += should
make it concatenate the CXXFLAGS passed in on the command line with the
one in the Makefile.

Does that help?

I went into the Makefile, and prepared to make the changes you suggest
- when I noticed that the PREFIX was set to /usr/local.

"Hmm," I thought, "I could probably just change it to /usr/server."

It was only then that the part of my brain who has written Makefiles
(many moons ago) decided to speak up; "Well, duh."

*sigh*

It's all now painfully obvious in retrospect.  I even had the theory
that this was the issue, but I just couldn't get the notion of how to
deal with it.

At any rate, I changed the PREFIX, tried again (with VERSION line
uncommented), and all was well.

Many thanks again, Bart.

Cheers.

-Bart

--
                                WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/

--
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
                                       -- Thomas Paine