Re: [OCLUG-Tech] ID3v2 Tagging for MP3s (Can't compile id3v2)

* C.T. Paterson <i [ dot ] adore [ dot ] my [ dot ] 64 [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> [070307 20:57]:
> >% cd id3v2-0.1.11
> >% make CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/server/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/server/lib"
>
> That helped a great deal - got me all the way to...
>
> g++ -I/usr/server/include   -c -o id3v2.o id3v2.cpp
> id3v2.cpp: In function `void PrintVersion(char*)':
> id3v2.cpp:66: error: `VERSION' was not declared in this scope
> make: *** [id3v2.o] Error 1
>

> I cracked open the file - and VERSION seems to be used when displaying
> the version of the file.  A line that could be safely commented out if
> necessary, I reasoned - so I did.  Then it built fine.
>
> If anyone knows how id3v2.cpp is supposed to get its mitts on VERSION
> - I'd be interested to hear it - but otherwise, I think I can give
> this a whirl.

I don't understand why the Makefile is not appending the values for
CXXFLAGS and LDFLAGS.  Here is the makefile I have.

CXXFLAGS+=      -I${PREFIX}/include/ -DVERSION="\"${VERSION}\"" #-DSORT_RUNTIME
LDFLAGS+=       -L${PREFIX}/lib/

Ok, so add the -I and -L I gave you to the end of these two lines in the
Makefile.

The CXXFLAGS line above has the VERSION definition.  And the += should
make it concatenate the CXXFLAGS passed in on the command line with the
one in the Makefile.

Does that help?

-Bart

--