[OCLUG-Tech] Liquid Computing hiring

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Liquid Computing hiring
  • From: "Brenda J. Butler" <bjb [ at ] magma [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:51:56 -0400
I've heard that Liquid Computing is hiring for several
position, including this one in my former group.  Please
apply directly to the company.

Software Designer - Systems Management
REFERENCE # LC061005

POSITION OVERVIEW

The Software Designer is responsible for the design,
development and continued evolution of the software
that directly eases the job of installing and
commissioning of a LiquidIQ server. This is a
challenging position that directly combines knowledge
of Linux/UNIX server administration and network
management with the ability to create solutions that
significantly automate and simplify these operations
across a distributed system. The Designer will
participate in all aspects of the design,
implementation, testing and integration required to
complete high quality, on-time products.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS

    >> 7-10 years developing Linux
       administration/commissioning software
       (anaconda, unionFS, etc)
    >> Protocol experience in DNS, DHCP, diskless
       booting (PXE, etherboot), NIS/LDAP,
       storage protocols (SAN/NAS)
    >> Extensive experience in Linux and its
       administration
    >> Knowledge of database administration is an
       asset
    >> Experience in several of the following areas:
       network management, network file systems,
       system management, cluster control,
       application management, security and user access
    >> Development experience with C++, C, scripting
       languages (Perl, Ruby, Python, Bash)
    >> Multi-node system management security & systems
       access control an asset
    >> Excellent technical writing and verbal
       communication skills (English)
    >> Bachelor degree in Computer Science or
       Electrical Engineering or equivalent.

How to Apply

For this position, please submit your resume in PDF
format with a one page cover letter in the same
document) describing your relevant experience &
qualifications to the above noted requirements. To
apply, please submit your resume by e-mail to
careers [ at ] liquidcomputing [ dot ] com. In the e-mail subject
line please reference "SW Designer - System Management
# LC061005".