[OCLUG-Tech] Embedded Linux Job

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Embedded Linux Job
  • From: "Brenda J. Butler" <bjb [ at ] magma [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:54:08 -0400
Please do not contact me about this; I am forwarding
for someone else.

Embedded Software Developer

BRYTECH has an immediate need for a Senior Embedded Software
Developer.  The successful candidate will be a member of a small
team developing firmware and client/server software for the next
generation of portable vital signs monitors.

Essential Skills and Qualifications
   - Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science
       or Electrical Engineering
   - Superior command of English
   - 5+ years software development experience
   - Solid knowledge and 3+ years experience with all of the following:
       - C++ programming
       - C programming
       - gnu toolchain
       - Microsoft Visual C++ (version 6.0 or higher)
       - cross platform development
       - socket programming in Linux and Windows
       - client/server programming in Linux and Windows
       - multithreaded programming in Linux and Windows

Desirable Attributes and Abilities
   - 8-bit microcontroller programming serial device control protocols
   - Linux driver development
   - Linux kernel development
   - bootloaders
   - board support package development

Preferred Resume Format

Short. Executive summary style, with a brief description of your
experience with each required skill.

Contact

Local candidates preferred. Please send your resume in Word or Text
format to swjob2006 at brytech dot com. Qualified candidates will be
invited for an interview and a one hour written test.