[OCLUG-Tech] Job opening for AIX UNIX person at CGI

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Job opening for AIX UNIX person at CGI
  • From: Sheldon Lee-Wen <tormak [ at ] rogers [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:11:57 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Guys,

I'm the team lead for CGI's Ottawa Data Center (not a technical recruiter)
and I'm looking to hire another UNIX person. Specifically I'm looking for AIX,
Solaris and Linux experience at an intermediate level. SAN and firewall experience
are also desireable as is a comp-sci degree. I'm asking on the list because I can't
think of a better place to find experienced people.

AIX is what I need to cover most and this is on IBM P570 (LPAR)
machines.

The Data Center technical operations team is a steady state
environment. There may be on-call and weekend work. All of our projects are
external clients (usually government.) I have a very short time frame to hire
someone so if you are interested please send your resume as soon as
possible to sheldon [ dot ] leewen [ at ] cgi [ dot ] com You will also have to post your resume
on the CGI corporate site.

The site to apply is:
http://www.cgi.com/web/en/careers/working_at_cgi.htm
The Job ID is: J1006-0102

The actual job posting follows but don't worry too much about any of
the requirements other than AIX, Solaris and Linux experience.

PROFILE DESCRIPTION

The UNIX systems analyst will provide "best-in-class" service for the
Data Centre Technical Operations Team on a 24x7 basis. On call is also
job requirement.

QUALIFICATIONS

The qualified candidate must possess a minimum of 5 years experience in
an AIX environment. A working knowledge of IBM LPAR on P-Series
hardware is required. Candidate must have a strong technical background, with
proven analytical and troubleshooting skills in support of mission
critical production systems.

DUTIES

* Installation and support of AIX 5L platforms in an LPAR environment.
* OS upgrades, associated data migrations, backups and file system
maintenance.
* LPAR Administration and support.
* Procedure and process documentation.
* Deployment of tools, patches, required software.
* Diagnose and resolve software and /or hardware problems.
* Design and develop system tools using PERL, shell, etc.
* Performance management and system configuration tuning.
* System security administration and monitoring
* Remote administration
* IBM DS4800 SAN Administration
* Knowledge of Linux, HP-UX and Solaris
* Knowledge of HITACHI SAN (9900v), HP EVA, 6000/8000

ADDITIONAL SKILLS (NICE TO HAVE)

* Knowledge of cfengine
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong team player
* Self motivated, works well independently
* Performs well under pressure, within rigid deadlines
* Quick and eager to learn new technology

message navigation