Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Challenge - Who can sell my wife a set-up Running Linux System?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Challenge - Who can sell my wife a set-up Running Linux System?
  • From: Charles MacDonald <cmacd [ at ] telecomottawa [ dot ] net>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 21:05:48 -0400
Bill Strosberg wrote:

> If you use a cheapo WiFi router (Linksys, DLink etc.) you do not have to
> have either computer on for this to work.  A wireless router and one PCI
> WiFi card can be had for about $80 new and much less used.

I hav ebought a gosmo that is suposed to work with Wi-fi and extend the
lan.  It does not curently work, and I hope to find a time to play with
it.

That is why I splurged to get the "wireless port" from NCF - DSL.  (4
physical ethernet oposrts and a wireless link.  but it dis not let a
dhcp connection start, and to change setting sI have to haul it
upstairs and plug it into the router and talk to it form my machine
(only computer on the physical router.

I probaly have done something stupic in trying to set oit up but at the
moment is it a 70 dollar paper wait that has fashing LEDS.

--
Charles MacDonald               Stittsville Ontario
 cmacd [ at ] TelecomOttawa [ dot ] net        Just Beyond the Fringe