Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Challenge - Who can sell my wife a set-up Running Linux System?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Challenge - Who can sell my wife a set-up Running Linux System?
  • From: Charles MacDonald <cmacd [ at ] telecomottawa [ dot ] net>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 21:16:30 -0400
Robert Brockway wrote:

> Hi Charles.  It seems you already have a working Suse box, why not try
> using that?  Remember, X is network transparent.  Using either a true
> thin client[1], or a *nix/MS-Win box running appropriate software you
> can both access the same system at the same time and get great performance.

My computer is on when I use it, hers is on whenshe uses it.  I have
High spped, but hers is dialup (no handy wires between the rooms.)

Also that would put us in the position where one of us whould have to be
the admin for the other, and Karen had that situation once when she was
working and will not stand for it.

We both want our own box, and as simple a setup as posible.

--
Charles MacDonald               Stittsville Ontario
 cmacd [ at ] TelecomOttawa [ dot ] net        Just Beyond the Fringe