Re: [OCLUG-Tech] sending mail (rogers & sendmail)

On 02/07/06 ed stuckems said:

> you're not the first person to suggest postfix.  While I appreciate the
> advice (I know it sounds too cliche) but I think my problem is not with
> sendmail itself but with the operational details of sending mail - my
> problems are not with the details of configuring sendmail; not yet at
> least. Put another way, I think I'd have the same questions/problems with
> postfix.

Well then, I think you're just after the smart_host and masquerade_domain
macros. They're simple enough.

Here's an old note of mine...

#1. Setting up sendmail's smarthost option.

In the sendmail.mc file, put

define(`SMART_HOST', `myispmailserver')dnl

Regenerate with m4 ../m4/cf.m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf
(or add include(`../m4/cf.m4') at the top)

#2. Setting up sendmail's masquerade envelope option.

In the sendmail.mc file, put

FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(mymaildomain)dnl

Regenerate with m4 ../m4/cf.m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf
(or add include(`../m4/cf.m4') at the top)

Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier [ at ] digitaltorque [ dot ] ca>
direction." --Albert Einstein