Re: [OCLUG-Tech] SATA RAID Recommendations for Linux

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 21:42 -0400, Bart Trojanowski wrote:
> * Milan Budimirovic <milan [ dot ] budimirovic [ at ] sympatico [ dot ] ca> [060619 20:15]:
> > Since you asked:

> > root@oconnor:/etc# hdparm -tT /dev/sda1
> >
> > /dev/sda1:
> > Timing cached reads:   4188 MB in  2.00 seconds = 2094.00 MB/sec
> > Timing buffered disk reads:  218 MB in  3.01 seconds =  72.43 MB/sec

> The numbers are almost identical to software raid
> (http://www.jukie.net/~bart/blog/raid10-performance).
FWIW I did some testing with bonnie a while ago bit it was more towards
different filesystem to use, specially with huge number of files.
http://www.techwiz.ca/~peters/File_Benchmark.html

Since I'm now running sw raid (3x250g) I could do some bonnie++ on that
to.