[OCLUG-Tech] Strange problem with DNS.

My wife has been using linux and presented me with a stange problem.

She has been trying to get some infomation from www,ishares.com
   and has not been able to raise the site.  a check with  "Host"  says
it deos not exist.

> cmacd@linux:~> host ishares.com
> ishares.com has address 65.205.205.213
> ishares.com mail is handled by 10 mail-rc-04.barclaysglobal.com.
> ishares.com mail is handled by 10 mail-rc-05.barclaysglobal.com.
> ishares.com mail is handled by 10 mail-sf-04.barclaysglobal.com.
> cmacd@linux:~> host www.ishares.com
> Host www.ishares.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
> cmacd@linux:~>

The screwie thing is that she then fired up her old Windows 95 machine,
and managed to access the site! using the same ISP, (telecomOttawa.net)

OF couse I got an earfull about how Linux is a lot of problems when I
got home!

I am not a DNS Guru, but can anyone explain HOW she got it work on
Windows, and what I can tell the folks who own the domain to get it fixed?

Another stange data point, I tried again just now with the old NSLOOKUP
program. ..  I got this once..
cmacd@linux:~> nslookup
> www.ishares.com
Server:         72.1.192.30
Address:        72.1.192.30#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   www.ishares.com
Address: 65.205.205.213

followed a monemt later by

> www.ishares.com
Server:         72.1.192.22
Address:        72.1.192.22#53

** server can't find www.ishares.com: NXDOMAIN
> cmacd@linux:~>

trying to just load that IP address dives me a "you are leaving
Ishares.com" page

I am copying the technical contact listed for the domain in the hopes
that they can explain this strange behavior.  ANY help the OC-lug guys
can provide would be appreacted.

--
Charles MacDonald               Stittsville Ontario
 cmacd [ at ] TelecomOttawa [ dot ] net        Just Beyond the Fringe