[OCLUG-Tech] wireless router

I need to buy a wireless router which will be shared between
my computer (Linux, Fedora core I for now) and a Windows 95
machine.

I will probably buy a new router though a used one is a possibility.
I am wondering if there are brands of routers that are recommended
or should be avoided because they do or don`t work well with Linux or
a linux-windows combination.

The machines are 1G  and 2.7G in speed and the interconnection
is with Bell and is not the highest speed.

I don`t know if it is appropriate to discuss my purchasing decisions
here but most stores are pretty much useless when you mention Linux.

My assumption is it shouldn`t really matter but communications is not
my area of expertise.

Ralph Boland