[OCLUG-Tech] Still no DSL connection.

	OK if there's anybody who knows how to set up a DSL connection on
Linux, please answer.  I have been trying since April 26th and many
problems have been fixed.  My ISP blames the phone company, the phone
company says the lines are fixed and that the last outstanding order was
cancelled today.  Fine.  I found a loose connection myself today and now
the ADSL modem actually gets a reliable link to the host, ... flashing
green DSL LINK light turns solidly lit!  Both LAN lights on!
	I still get no connection when I try to activate.

1.  Could the firewall be blocking the service?...SE Linux is active.
2.  Do I have to set netmasks and so on, because my system fails to
obtain IP information for eth0.  That is probably the main problem. I'm
guessing, but if the eth0 isn't working how can anything connected to it
connect?... Right??!!

--
Regards,
Fred Williams