Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Apache, Bind and virtual hosts again

Can the router login be changed to some port other than 80?

On Apr 13, 2006, at 2:23 AM, sberaud wrote:

I agree Howard, there must be a better way. I was considering using my ISP to be DNS host for me, and I am still considering it.

It occurs to me that the configuration I'm now using that works and which a few of you kindly tested is exactly the configuration I had when I first posted to the list about this problem.

The config is it is not sane.

It defies all the docs and all of your sage advice. Further, having gotten the .com working with the .net, then using the same dns config and for a new entry in vhosts.conf for the .org , causes it all to come crashing down, and nothing works.

If I config it with sane defaults... all sites stop working and instead the login screen for my router becomes broadcast to the world. Somehow I don't think this is supposed to happen.

I have suspected the router to be somewhat less than stellar in its operation (it uses asp after all), and wonder if it is causing conflicts? The reason I ask is, while I may be rusty, this is working out like I was a complete ham fisted hack. Yes DNS and Vhosts are somewhat complicated, but this is getting beyond stupid (or I am).

I also know this isn't right as the php breadcrumb trail on my site is still broken, and it depends on proper resolution.

I am finding this all rather disappointing and frustrating.