Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Wireless Internet Connection Problem

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 09:05:23PM -0500, William Bradley wrote:
> Presently I am using Kubuntu 5.0 (KDE version of Ubuntu). Just recently
> W3 Connex built a tower a kilometer and a half from my home and I now
> have high speed access by wireless. From what I gathered from the
> installer the system is always on and he showed me on his laptop that I
> am now part of a Local Area Network.

We need more information.. do you know anything about the settings
required on a Windows machine?  Did they provide a manual or
instructions on how to set it up from Windows?

I'm going to guess that it connects to the PC via Ethernet, and that the
PC uses DHCP to get an address.  In this case, follow "how to configure
the network connections" here:

http://kudos.berlios.de/kf/kisimlar/network.html

If not, please provide us with more information :)

Good luck,
Jody