Re: [OCLUG-Tech] ISP for running SMTP, HTTP, IMAP, POP, etc

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] ISP for running SMTP, HTTP, IMAP, POP, etc
  • From: "C.T. Paterson" <ctpaterson [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:15:21 -0500 (EST)
Sorry, sent this to Bruce privately, then ended up
sending a blank message to the group.

Thank goodness it's Friday.

--- Bruce Keats <brucekeats [ at ] hotmail [ dot ] com> wrote:

> Rogers has finally decided to block port 25 for
me,
> so I am now ISP shopping
> again.  I have checked the list archives and I
> beleive someone on the list
> was asking about the Hamiliton area.  I am looking
> for an ISP in the Ottawa
> area.
>
> Any recommendations?

Someone brought up NCF (freenet), and I'm planning
on getting set up with their DSL service.  I asked
about port blocking.  Their response below.

You can check out
http://www.ncf.ca/ncf/registration/dsl/index.jsp for
pricing and details.

> --- Andre Dalle <adalle [ at ] ncf [ dot ] ca> wrote:
>
> We do not filter DSL users at all.  Your best bet
is
> to sign up with a
> static IP and you're good to go.
>
> > Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 15:35:15 -0500 (EST)
> > From: "C.T. Paterson" <ctpaterson [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] ca>
> > Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] ISP for running SMTP,
> HTTP, IMAP, POP, etc
> > To: office [ at ] ncf [ dot ] ca
> >
> > A discussion began on the OCLUG Tech mailing
list
> > regarding potential ISPs in Ottawa, and your
name

--
"Nga hnn ndeh."
       -- Dana Paterson on federal tax policy