Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Linux distro for server

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 03:54:32PM -0500, Stephen Gregory wrote:

> I would recommend Debian/Sarge (aka stable). Debian is very easy to
> maintain with apt, and is reasonably light weight.

Here's a fourth vote for Debian.  Highly biased, though, since the
only other distros I've used were a 1997 Slackware, which I later
ditched for RedHat because it had a real binary packaging system.
RedHat never satisfied me, though, so I evaluated the alternatives and
switched fully to Debian a few years ago -- since the only major
caveat was "should be an experienced user", for which I qualified.