Re: [OCLUG-Tech] linux printing margins [solved]

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 10:34:08PM -0500, Brenda J. Butler wrote:

> Well no one else has answered, so I'll hazard a guess:
>
> You're printing page edges and the page seems too tall?
> Perhaps the document paper size is A4 instead of US letter.

Wow.  I never thought to check for that.  That's exactly what the issue was.
Once I changed the paper size in my ppd file, it only took 2 printings of
the align.ps page to get the margins working.  The measuring instructions
for the clipped edges make a lot more sense once all four edges of the
document are visible.

Note to self, and anyone else setting up a printer's margins using the
alignmargins program with the align.ps doc from www.linuxprinting.com: make
sure you check the paper size before getting mad at the document or printer.

Thanks for thinking of that, Brenda, it's working great now.

--

Jeremy John Wakeman
jeremywakeman [ at ] istop [ dot ] com