Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Debian to MS Print

Thanks, Martin,
Print tools works a treat, for printing text files from the command line.
I set it up from the X tool, and now I can print text files - as long as I tell lp to print to the correct printer (lp -d lp0 test.txt)

I also changed the settings for the printer in Debian's version of Mozilla Thunderbird to "lp -d lp0" (not including the quotes), and was able to print text emails. There are some anomalies, such as the subject being printed in a way that overlaps with the main text. Odd, but I don't see any way to control that. It also printed an email that had a graphic in it, and the graphic was printed, in the approximate correct location, so I think it printed the HTML version of the file.

Kedit doesn't seem to have a clue how to print to lp0.
Is there a way to tell Gnome where to print so that this KDE program will understand?

Open Office 1.1 never heard of Canon printers. (This is on Debian 3.1 Stable)
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Rob

message navigation