Re: [OCLUG-Tech] linux-compatible scanners in Ottawa ?

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 12:50:10PM -0400, Brett Delmage wrote:

> I've been looking at the SuSE and SANE sites and docs. There's some
> contradictory information on the status of Canan LIDE35 and LIDE50
> back-ends. Does anyone have one of these scanners working, and if
> so, how well?

My LiDE 30 works perfectly, except that those buttons on the scanner
itself (scan, copy, e-mail) don't do anything.  They're probably just
supposed to launch apps in Windows anyway, like the also-useless
"quick back-up" button on my USB hard drives.

I got it at Staples in the South Keys mall.  Printed out the long list
of SANE-compatible scanners and compared each available model to it.
Couldn't beat the price.