[OCLUG-Tech] Interpreting system load

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Interpreting system load
  • From: "Alex @ Avantel Systems" <ahv [ at ] avantel [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 20:27:22 -0400
Is there some usefull way of interpreting the System Activity reports to
determine if the load on my system is more than it should be.  For example
that 1, 5, 15 minute average we get with "uptime" as well as the results of
the command "sar" and then of course the full report obtained with
"less /var/log/sa/sar05"  (all assuming it's redhat or fedora - don't know
about other distros)

Curios . . .

Alex
====

dangerous content by Avantel Systems, and is
believed to be clean.